We do not have a minimum asset level
requirement to get started.
Young investors face many unique challenges. Depending on the outcome of any one of several multiple life events their financial situation may be compromised for the long-term. We help our young clients take control of their financial lives in an attempt to avoid negative outcomes. We assist our clients by starting a savings plan for retirement, establishing their emergency cash fund, organizing and planning to pay off short-term debt, developing a plan for college savings if necessary, and going through the Family Wealth Planning process.
We do not have a minimum asset level requirement to get started; the only requirement we have for a young client is that they need to be a serious investor and they adopt the Family Wealth Management Process.
Our Family Wealth Planning process for a young client in essence becomes a life-long savings plan to help reach their short term and long term goals. We believe it’s much easier to contribute to a plan when meaningful goals are identified and committed to. The Family Wealth Planning process and the resulting Financial Plan is reviewed quarterly in the account statement and at least annually in person.
We assist in creating the following:
Establish and maintain an emergency cash account
- We discuss monthly expenses and short term goals to establish a target dollar amount to have in cash
Savings plan for Retirement
- We help our young clients paint a picture of what retirement means to them and put together a long term savings plan
Organizing to pay off short term debt
- We have discovered that short term debt can be something no one wants to talk about and is frankly embarrassed about, but we have also discovered that about 90% of young people have some sort of short term debt that they are desperately trying to pay-off.
- We have a simple and very organized process to help young clients pay-off their short term debt
Planning for college savings
- There are several different ways to save for college and we review the different options that are the best fit for our clients with young children